A QUICK FOREWORD...

As with anything, I always recommend beginning at the beginning. However, in case you don't want to peruse my entries from the beginning (& hey, it's your loss), here's a quickie for you.


I basically like Twilight. I appreciate it for what it is, and recognize it's shortcomings. If you're a crazed Twi-fanatic, consider yourself warned.

Kristen Stewart is on my shortlist of favorite actors, and Robert Pattinson is not only gorgeous, he's talented too.

The cast in general blows my mind. Not for their acting skills (which are super sweet), but the fact that they are all so normal seeming. And they get along. No cat fights, no set drama. I'd love to see a remake of The Breakfast club with this cast, where they act as themselves. someone make that happen k thanks.

Stephenie Meyer, as a stay-at-home mom of multiple kids, wrote a book. She's kinda my hero. I want to do what she's done.

All opinions and thoughts are welcome here, so please feel free to speak your mind. :)

PS-I tend to go off on tangents like no one's business, and occasionally stray from what I really wanted to say. I'm also too impatient to go back and re-read what I've written to make sure it sounds right. I apologize for any ramblings, incoherence, and other minor transgressions I might make.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Inspired

Google is my favorite web page, hands down. I am one of those people who Googles EVERYTHING, about five times a day. Anything that I hear about, or read about, if I don't know what it is, or if I feel like I need more details, then I'll Google it.

I had no idea what was going to happen when I Googled "Twilight".

An entire world of fansites, information about the movie, cast interviews, hate-sites, and more was opened to my wide eyes. I was a little overwhelmed, (okay, a LOT overwhelmed), but I knew that one of the first things I was interested in was the author, Stephenie Meyer.

With very little effort, I was directed to her homepage, www.stepheniemeyer.com. I scrolled through a few entries on the page about the movie, some interviews she'd be doing, and links to find out more about all things "Twilight".

If one thing is certain, it's that there is no lack of information about anything relating to "Twilight".

After reading her Bio page, I just sat back from my computer. This woman is my new hero. I mean, she is just so amazing to me! She wrote the first book with two of her three children still nipping at her ankles. Well, practically; anyone who has a couple of small ones underfoot will appreciate how incredible it is that she was a mom/housewife/author.

I've always wanted to be an author, since my first journal entry in Kindergarten. Well, with the exception of the very brief time I decided I wanted to be an artist, a teacher, and a zoologist...simultaneously. High hopes, yes? When I got older and was exposed to creative writing classes I felt even more like writing a book was the only thing for me to do. But I also felt very lazy, and so I put it off for a long time. (For the full story check out my other blog, www.thoughtwithoutmeasure.blogspot.com. It's too long to put in this one too). And writing is not an easy thing for me. People assume that because you're good at something and you want to do something, it should be as easy as getting up and eating ice cream for breakfast everyday, and as satisfying too. This is not the case. Not for me at least. Writing has always been extremely personal, and extremely emotional for me. It takes a lot out of me, and puts a lot back.

By the time I'd finally decided it was time to get on with things, I was getting ready to have my first child, who was followed shortly by my second. Most days I'm excited if I can brush my teeth before bedtime, and free time is pretty much nonexistant. So I was thinking that bringing something as huge as a book onto my plate was pretty ludacris.

Except it's not. Stephenie Meyer did it, and she did it well. She is truly an inspiration to me in so many ways. Not only has she shown me that I can write a book while living in the war zone that is a house with two small children, she has restored my faith in myself. So thanks Mrs. Meyer, I think you're pretty freaking amazing.


No comments: