A QUICK FOREWORD...

As with anything, I always recommend beginning at the beginning. However, in case you don't want to peruse my entries from the beginning (& hey, it's your loss), here's a quickie for you.


I basically like Twilight. I appreciate it for what it is, and recognize it's shortcomings. If you're a crazed Twi-fanatic, consider yourself warned.

Kristen Stewart is on my shortlist of favorite actors, and Robert Pattinson is not only gorgeous, he's talented too.

The cast in general blows my mind. Not for their acting skills (which are super sweet), but the fact that they are all so normal seeming. And they get along. No cat fights, no set drama. I'd love to see a remake of The Breakfast club with this cast, where they act as themselves. someone make that happen k thanks.

Stephenie Meyer, as a stay-at-home mom of multiple kids, wrote a book. She's kinda my hero. I want to do what she's done.

All opinions and thoughts are welcome here, so please feel free to speak your mind. :)

PS-I tend to go off on tangents like no one's business, and occasionally stray from what I really wanted to say. I'm also too impatient to go back and re-read what I've written to make sure it sounds right. I apologize for any ramblings, incoherence, and other minor transgressions I might make.

Monday, December 21, 2009

New Moon

So obviously it's been a long time. I've had lots of thoughts on various things Twi-related, and yet nothing super serious enough to get me to stay up way late to blog about (since that's the only way I get free time for this blog).

However, some quickies.

#1. I still haven't seen New Moon. I can't afford to pay a sitter, pay for gas to get to the theater which is 20 min. away, and pay for tickets. And popcorn, drink, candy. Because I HAVE to have those at a movie.

#2. Despite #1, I'm fairly familiar with the film, due to the wonderful internet.

#3. I actually really like the soundtrack. A lot. After hearing Death Cab's song, (meh), and Lykke Li's song (meh again), I wasn't expecting much. But I adore almost all the other songs, and Sea Wolf has been playing non-stop in my house for weeks now.

#4. I am SO glad that critics and reviewers have FINALLY taken the time to check out some of Kristen's other projects!!! Gone are the days where she's judged solely on Twilight, in which she was way under her class. Sorry Twihards, but that's just truth. With Adventureland being on 2009 Most Underrated Films list, and Cake Eater's getting a little more exposure, people have been blown away by Kristen's ability to play a character who isn't in love with a vampire. And now that The Runaways has a distributor....well, let's just say, people are excited. I'm one of them.

#5. While I still think Rob is a hearthrob, (sexy, goofy, British, musician...yum), I think he's got some growing room in the acting department. I think he can be a great actor, and I'm really excited to see Remember Me, but I think Kristen is the star out of the two of them.

#6. I'm sure Ashley Greene is delightful as a person. But her acting is not my fave.

#7. Why has Jackson gotten totally shafted on the press tour? What's up with that?

#8. Chris Weizt has been the best thing to happen to the Twilight series/fandom so far. I'm adoring that man hardcore.

#9. WHO CARES IF THEIR DATING OR NOT?!

#10. Nikki Reed is gorgeous, and the fact that she's a little off makes me dig her even more. Why people expect stars to be perfect is beyond me, but they're people too, with quirks, flaws, and issues.


Anyways, that's it for right now, and I really hope I can make it back sooner and go into some serious details about some things that I've been pondering.....hopefully BEFORE my kids go off to college. :)

No comments: